Top Down Technologies' Window Valet
Top Down Tech has developed an aftermarket electronics convenience package for your 6th Generation Corvette.
Four Great features packed into this one unit!
1. Remote Control Power Windows !
This is a must for any convertible owner. No more climbing back into the car to raise the windows after you put the top up.
Let the windows down as you approach the car. The heat escapes before you get in.
No need to get back into the car to let the windows up. Put the top up and walk away. Convertible owners know all too well what this means.
Don't leave the windows down just because the car is on a racing trailer. Climb out, raise the windows, secure the car.
Tight garages are no longer a problem. It's much easier to get into the car after lowering the windows.
Control both windowsfrom the key FOB!
Window Venting Feature
* The window venting feature allows you to use the remote to leave the windows down about half-an-inch for airflow on hot days. To use this feature, simply issue
the remote window up command when both windows are already in the fully up position.
* The Window Valet™ for C6 will recognize that the windows are already up and assume that you want to vent the windows. This feature, just like the remote window control, does not require any additional configuration.
* The Window Valet™ for C6 includes several bonus features in addition to remote window control. There is a special "subtle alarm" warning mode, an unlock on hand brake feature, and a high speed/tach report.
* The "subtle alarm" mode will cause the horn to toot three times whenever someone pulls on an outside door handle while the car is locked.
* If a valid FOB is detected and the door unlocks because the C6's passive mode is enabled, the horn will not sound. It's a you're busted message to kids trolling for unlocked cars.
High Speed/Tach Report
* The "high speed/tach report" will show the highest speed and the highest RPM recorded by the Window Valet™ for C6 since it was last cleared. These values are
shown directly on the speedometer and tachometer's analog needles. Only mph on a 200mph style gauge is available.
* To recall the values, press and hold RESET on the Instrument Panel Cluster while tapping unlock six (6) times on the driver's door panel. Speeds up to 100mph will be shown. To show the remainder over 100mph, press the GAUGES button. Press RESET again to exit, or press FUEL to clear the high values and exit.
* Record the vehicle high speed as you drive. Display it on the speedometer later with a few button presses on the D.I.C.
* You can finally find out how fast the Valet Guy drove your car; just be sure to clear the old high speed before handing him the keys.
Installation of the Window Valet
OK, how about installation? It must be tricky to get access to so many features.
It is tricky, but Top Down Tech has done all the work. The magic is in the software that runs inside the
Window Valet™. All you have to do is plug it in, choose your features, and
enjoy the benefits!
It really is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
1) Plug it in... 2) Configure.... 3) Enjoy the benefits...
The Window Valet™ for C6 plugs into the diagnostics port undernath the steering column,
just past the edge of the dash trim. There's no configuration required. Just plug it in! The
Window Valet™ for C6 does not reprogram any of the car's computers. So to reverse the install, just unplug the unit, and the C6 will immediately revert back to stock.™
Bonus Feature Configuration